Exercise at home - Great Yoga lessons
Yoga is a great way to work on your flexibility and strength. Everyone can do it -- it's not just for people who can touch their toes or want to meditate!
We found 3 great videos on Youtube that you can easily follow and that can help you have a happier and healthier day.
All you need is:
- A quiet, uncluttered space in your home for your practice
- Comfortable, stretchy clothes. For women, this could be loose linen pants or workout leggings with a breathable T-shirt or sports top. There is no right or wrong outfit for yoga, as long as it’s comfortable and snug around the waist so your bottoms don’t slide around too much while practicing.
- A Yoga mat. For your first class you can easily practice yoga on your floor with a towel or any exercise mat before deciding to invest in a yoga mat.
- A Towel. One of the reasons we flow in a yoga class, meaning moving from one posture to the next in a yoga sequence, is to build heat in the body to helps us avoid injury while stretching. This also means you will most likely get a bit sweaty! If you are self-conscious about dripping sweat all over your mat, bring a towel along so you can wipe that hard-earned sweat off your brow whenever you need to.
- Realistic goals. Start out with small pockets of time (10-15 minutes). Begin with basic beginner's yoga sequences and expand your practice as your skills improve.
The best advice we can give you is to make your yoga part of your morning ritual. This means getting to bed 15 minutes earlier so your yoga practice does not cut into your sleep time. The second piece of advice is to sit down with your weekly calendar and begin. Let's start with:
Instructor Adrienne - Class 20m - Level Beginner
Instructor Bryce – Class 30m – Level Medium
Instructor Ally Maz - Class 45m – Level Medium